Dhruva Sriram Kandallu of Class 5 scored 60/60 in the SOF Mathematic Olympiad,2021 and secured the First Rank at the International Level.
Aditya of Class 8 during the COVID has been working on a product for schools, and he got featured with interviews, featured on Radio, Podcast and Youtube, addressed MBA students, featured in Young Achievers calendar and finally made it to prestigious TED.
You can find the links to all interviews on all social media platforms and all press clippings on his blog https://addyprasad.blogspot.com/
Tejas Atreya Prakash of Class 5 was ranked 6th (Top 5%) overall with a 98.1 Percentile in the Crest International Winter Spelling Bee (CWSB) online exam conducted during Jan 2021.
Akshith Vikram of class 11 A represented Chennai at the 30th Tamil Nadu roller skating championship held at Coimbatore from 22nd Feb – 27th Feb. He participated in 4 events and his achievements are as below :
- Track elimination 10000mts – Gold
- Track 1000 Mts – Gold
- Track Point to Point 10000mts – Silver
- Track 500 Mts – Bronze
Hrishit Lath of Class 11 A secured Class Rank 1 in the SOF – International English Olympiad .
Dr. Shravan Subramanyam – ISC Batch of 1996
Siddhant Kumbhat – ICSE Batch of 2019
An Aid To Ace Admissions
Nia Rajan, Class 4B, took part in the Hachette Publishing Group’s Illustration Competition, for J K Rowling’s new book ‘The Ickabog’.
Nia’s illustration was one of 340 shortlisted for the finals, out of 18,000 plus entries, from multiple countries.
In appreciation of her efforts, Hachette presented Nia with a certificate and a printed copy of the hardcover page of the title.
Yuvika Kankaria of Class 5 A secured the second place in the Online Art Competition conducted at the All India Level by GD Goenka Public School, Purnea, New Delhi.
Excerpt from an interview with Amrita Visweswaran of Class 11 B, that appeared in the New Indian Express dated 7th November, 2020.
Canvas with a cause
For Amrita Visweswaran, her art has always been about giving back to society. She started off a decade back as a wee six-year-old — by creating artwork for calendars that were sold by word of mouth, and the proceeds were donated to Madhuram Narayanan Centre for Exceptional children (www.mnc.org). The centre is run by her grandfather, N Kumar, who is the vice chairman of SANMAR group, founder of MNC and chairman of Bala Mandir Kamraj trust.
It was started for underprivileged children with special needs, in 1977. Amrita agrees that her grandfather “is inextricably linked to my efforts towards charity”.
Meanwhile, Kumar shares with us that Amrita indeed is the youngest donor on their list and has always used her talents and skill for a good cause. The talented youngster raised Rs. 2.5 lakh through the sale of her calendars last year, when she had raised funds to support victims of the Coorg flood.
In this virus-riddled year, she is steering clear of calendars as Amrita feels that all the plans that she had marked on her calendar last year didn’t really pan out. She has, instead, brought out gorgeous hardback notebooks.
The cover layout has enigmatic prints of her acrylic canvases that she designed along with Malavika Mehra. The notebooks use natural shade 80 gsm map litho and sourced from the city as they are staunchly “vocal for local”.
Her canvases are themed around sunsets and sunrises, and the CSK fan says,”I felt it was relevant to the times we are in — sunset and sunrise are about beginnings and endings.” Amrita, who takes photographs of the reference image, has picked the three sceneries with great thought and says that they remind her of happier times. From sunrise over the Coonoor hills to a sunset in Injambakkam, and the third one has a tropical beach — the paintings have a distinct style that has various shades of a hue blending and seeping through to illustrate each canvas uniquely.
Ankith Gupta – Student of Class 12 B
Click here to view more news articles
Srutanjay Narayanan – ISC Batch of 2011
Srutanjay has achieved a very creditable rank of 75 at the all India level in the UPSC Civil Services Examination, 2019. He has been selected to become an IAS officer.
Vikas Madhav- ISC Batch of 2017
Chennai’s environment enthusiasts form a new online network. Vikas Madhav is the Chennai coordinator for butterfly-related events. Vikas is also a reviewer for eBird(a leading bird portal) and Butterflies of India
Click here to read the news article
Vikas has helped SSN College of Engineering document over 125 species of birds in their campus.
Click here to read the news article
Vikas on Podhigai TV
Click here to watch the interview
Kavin Rajagopal- ISC Batch of 2017
Kavin cleared 6’9.5″ in the High Jump at the 2020 #Illini Invitational.
Click here to know more about Kavin
Shaamil Karim, student of Class 12 A and his brother Shaaban Karim – ISC Batch of 2017 develop chatbot for Chennai Corporation for information on COVID-19
Click here to read the news article
Mask Initiative by Adam Libby & Raghav Agarwal – ICSE Batch of 2020
Nishant Saldhana – Class of 2010
Nitika Kurian – Class of 2017
School Games Federation of INDIA (SGFI)
For the first time the schools that are affiliated to the ICSE/ISC Council had the opportunity to take part in the SGFI Games.
- Neha Suresh of Class XII will be representing the CISCE – Taekwondo Team at the SGFI Tournament.
- Prakriti Anand of Class XI will be representing the CISCE – Basket Ball Team at the SGFI Tournament.
- Akshith Vikram of Class X will be representing the CISCE – Skating Team at the SGFI Tournament.
CISCE – Nationals
- Neha Suresh of Class XII won Gold in (49-52) weight category.
- Anosh Gazder of Class XII won Silver in (+78) weight category.
- Vivek Vedant of Class XI won Silver in (73-78) weight category.
- Karan Maran of Class XI won Bronze in (73-78) weight category.
- Adiv Philip of Class IX was a member of the Tamil Nadu 4 X 100 Free Style Relay Team and won Bronze in the Free Style Relay.
- Sub Junior Girls Tennis Team won Bronze in the under 14 category.
- Sania Sukaina of Class VIII, Amritha Ravishankar and Anantika Arun of Class VII were the members of the Tamil Nadu Tennis Team.
- Junior Boys Tennis Team won Silver in the under 17 category.
- Adhirit Awal, Adithya Chhabria, Ritwik Udipi Rau of Class IX and Shiv Chhabria of Class X were the members of the Tamil Nadu Tennis Team.
- Raksha Sathish of Class XII was the member of the Tamil Nadu Table Tennis Team and won Silver in the under 19 category.
- Divya Lath of Class IX was the member of the Tamil Nadu Table Tennis Team and won Silver in the under 17 category.
- Gokul Karthikeyan of Class 9 won Gold in the Sub-Junior Level, Boysunder 17, 10m air pistol.
- Anaira Ranka and Vaishnavi Khemka of Class 7 participated in the girls under 14, 10m air pistol.
- Mahika Tulsiyan of Class 11 participated in the girls under 17, 10m air pistol.
- Sundesh Kumar of Class 11 participated in the boys under 17, .177m – 10m open sight air rifle.
CISCE – Regionals
- Junior Boys Swimming Team won the Overall Championship Trophy.
- Tej and Vansh Doshi of Class X, Adiv Philip, Akaash Chabbria and Armaan Mimani of Class IX have been selected as members of theTamil Nadu Team in the Boys under 17 category.
- Senior Girls Swimming Team and Junior Girls Swimming Team won the Overall Championship Trophy.
- Sadhana Amarnath of Class XI won the Individual Championship Trophy in the Girls under 19 category.
- Smriti Jhaver and Pritika .S of Class XII, Sadhana Amarnath, Chahana Jashani and Niveditha of Class XI have been selected as members of the Tamil Nadu Team in the Girls under 19 category.
- Disha Lilani, Amritha .V, Harini .R and Navya Bajaj of Class X have been chosen to participate in the Tamil Nadu Swimming Team in the Girls under 17 category.
- Sishya Senior Girls Table Tennis Team won the Team Championship.
- Vinesh Nathan of Class X ‘B’ placed 3rd in the Junior Boys under 17 category.
- Vinesh Nathan of Class X, Divya Lath of Class IX and Raksha Sathish of Class XII have been selected as part of the Tamil Nadu Table Tennis Team.
- Sishya Cricket Team placed 3rd in the under 19 category.
- Yash Rathod of Class XI has been selected as a member of the Tamil Nadu Cricket Team.
- Tejasvi P.P of Class XII won Silver in the Singles – under 19 Category.
- Chahna Jashani and Mrithyunka .B of Class XI won Silver in the Doubles – under 19 category.
- Ananya Manoj Kumar and Akshaya Somasundaram of Class IX won Silver in the Doubles – under 17 category.
- The Senior Boys Basket Ball Team won Silver in the under 19 category.
- The Senior Girls Basket Ball Team won Bronze in the under 19 category.
- Akhil Madhavan and Visvajith of Class XII and Raul Sharma of Class X have been chosen as members of the Tamil Nadu Senior Boys Basket Ball Team.
- Dhrithi Sumanth, Saena Cama Lal and Antara Ramkumar of Class XII and Prakriti of Class XI have been selected as members of the Tamil Nadu Senior Girls Basket Ball Team.
WORLD SCHOLARS Cup 2019
Sishya students have shone at the Global Rounds of the World Scholar’s Cup at Manila where there were 300 junior teams from across the world.
The team including Zai Tehzeeb Libby and Manasi Arvind of class 7 had topped the Regional Chennai Round in April this year now stood 7th Globally winning a trophy that is almost as big as them! They also won team trophies for Debate 10th place globally and Quiz 8th place. They have qualified for the Yale Tournament of Champions.
The team of Antony Johnson, Sidhant Subramanian and Ritwik Udipi Rau of class 9 shone in the Challenge(Quiz) and placed in the top 10% champion teams overall. They have qualified for the Yale Tournament of Champions.
Zai individually topped the Challenge (Quiz) in Literature – overall across the whole competition.
She placed 11th overall out of the 900 students, and was the top Sishya scholar in Manila.
Laksh Chordia of class 9 was the top Sishya scholar in Beijing.
HARVARD MUN 2019
Adam Mihir Libby of Class X bags the OUTSTANDING DELEGATE AWARD!
Harvard Model United Nations takes place annually in Hyderabad in the month of August. Schools take part sending delegations of MUNers to learn the ropes of diplomacy and to bring home Honourable Mentions or better still Certificates and Awards. These are sought after as the MUN world is a community in itself with a distince hierarchy.
At HMUN India 2019, there were more than 1400 high school students from more than 150 high schools and 13 countries around the world.
Adam Mihir Libby of class X came back having earned the Outstanding Delegate Certificate. This was good for Chennai too as Bangalore schools have dominated the landscape so far. This was the only such award for a student from Chennai.
World Scholars Cup Yale Tournament of Champions 2018
The Sishya/AISC team of Adam Libby, Sibhi Aravindan, Tejas Narayan
– were the Top Champions Team, 1st in the World!
Arun Viji’s team was ranked 7th in the World!
Click here to view the news article on World Scholars Cup Yale Tournament of Champions – 2018
Overall Junior Rankings(World)
• Adam Mihir Libby – 9th
• Sibhi Aravindan – 10th
• Arun Viji – 23rd
Overall Junior Rankings(Sishya)
• Adam Mihir Libby – 1st
• Sibhi Aravindan – 2nd
• Arun Viji – 3rd
• Raghav Agarwal – 4th
Skittles Ranked(Under 12)
• Zai Libby : 7th in the World and 1st in India !